(NOTE: For the update on our adoption proceedings, scroll down to the 7/31 post, "Catching Up.")
Following is a conversation my six-year-old son, Sam, had with his friend Aiden on a recent play-date.
I had been asking Aiden about his brothers and sisters and then Sammy said:
Sam: We are adopting a baby from... from...
Me: Ethiopia.
Sam: Yeah, Ethiopia.
Me: That's in Africa.
Aiden: What's 'adopting'?
Sam: It's when you get a baby, but the mom stays regular and then you fill out all of these papers and then you get a baby.
Aidan: (After a thoughtful pause) Make sure you take a pen with you that doesn't run out of ink.
Sam: Yeah.
Me: (Trying hard to compose myself) Thank you, Aiden. That's very good advice.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
love it, love it, love it!!! Don't you just love the simplicity and innocence. Don't forget that pen, Kristy... :-)
The Mom Stays Regular!
So helpful!!! Do you feel regular? I have never felt regular through this whole process, maybe I am missing something?
Post a Comment